February 28, 2011

A Writer's Life - Attic

I must be completely insane.

Seriously.

Some time ago I had this idea for a book and inevitably the idea was of the persistent kind. Don't get me wrong. New ideas for books aren't unusual for this girl, but – and there is always a but – this isn't your average nice little thought or concept that may be implemented in the usual way. It's new territory and I feel like Captain Kirk, boldly going where I haven't gone before. I feel both elated and strangely worried about the whole thing. But seeing as how this idea wouldn't just disappear in thin vapor after a while, but got more insistent every passing moment, I decided to give it a shot. Let's just hope I won't feel the need for aiming that shot into another direction … if you catch my drift.

So.

I must be completely insane.

But I already said that, didn't I?

And I'm still serious about this very statement.

To fully understand my apprehension you need to know this – I write my books in the German language which obviously makes sense as this is my mother tongue. My English ain't that bad either, but writing a whole book in the English language. Different kind of story. Literally.

Add the fact that I normally write fiction. And this new idea isn't fiction. Not really.

And if I weren't a bit neurotic and paranoid when it comes to letting other's in on my ideas, I could just spit it out here and now. But I won't. I still need to chew on the idea a little longer.

So if you'll excuse me now, I've got a little work to do in the attic.

Yes, attic.

Don't ask.

3 comments:

  1. if you need someone to proof your English... I volunteer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping you'd say that :-D !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you're gonna do great. Taking a leap and trying is half the battle right?

    ReplyDelete