March 11, 2011

The Others - Rachel Gibson

I must confess, I might not be heavily into romance novels, but I do like a good piece of chick lit every now and again. Rachel Gibson falls into both categories if you will, effortlessly blending the genres of contemporary novel with romantic comedy, and never really getting overly soppy.

With the publication of her first novel in 1998, Simply Irresistible, Gibson became aNew York Times and USA Today bestselling author, and many nominations and prizes later. The first book I ever read by her was Sex, Lies And Online Dating. Please don't ask me why I picked this title. I went for the book mostly because it was about a writer (it is part of the Writer Series with four loosely connected books, each focusing on one of four writer friends). I liked her fun and sexy writing style and went out to buy more of her books, including her debut novel of course. And needless to say, she's one of my go-to authors when it comes to sweet romantic reads with just the right amount of steamy scenes. Some might say, it's "only" brain candy, but let me tell you, it's barin candy at its best.

While the Writer Series is my favorite, Rachel also brought out the Hockey Series and several stand alone novels. Her next book Any Man Of Mine will be published in about a months time and while I didn't manage to snag it through NetGalley, after all I am focusing on non-fiction reviews, yet planning to branch out to science fiction and dystopia in the future (gotta love the word play) I'm sure to buy it once it's available on Amazon.

When she's not writing (which she thankfully is doing a lot), Rachel can be found boating on Payette Lake with Mr. Gibson, shopping for shoes, or forcing her love on an ungrateful cat.

2 comments:

  1. hockey series? I am intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, the Chinooks Hockey series, featuring hunky hockey players and romance. Her new book will be number six in this series.

    ReplyDelete