April 2, 2011

Pajama Musings - Realizations

I just realized one thing. No, make that two.

It's amazing how far I've come with my 2011 Reading Challenge even though only three months have passed. I read 36 books which is absolutely awesome. Sure, I've always been an avid reader, but this challenge made me read even more. What surprised me though is that I managed to read that many books in such a short period of time. If I keep up the current speed I will be done with my 100 books by September. Or maybe not.

Secondly I realized that with all the books I'm reading I have totally and completely neglected those ever growing stacks of magazines. Granted, I was smart enough to cancel several subscriptions late last year – both due to lack of time and my frugality vows for this year – but with only two magazines rolling in each month I still managed to have them lying around untouched. Shame on me.

And while I was marveling over those neatly stacked magazines, thinking about maybe writing my name into the dust that settled on them over the last couple of weeks I once again was hit with two realizations.

I really need to read those magazines. It'd not only be a waste if I didn't, I also really like them. It sure won't hurt if I catch up a little with lifestyle and scientific matters. Preferably before they both are old news. So next week will be dedicated to those magazines. Period.

And apart from that another quite interesting thought hit me. We all know that there are lots of book bloggers out there. Is there such a thing as a magazine blogger too? Not to say I want to branch out in that direction, but it's an interesting question nonetheless.

Well, I've got to remove some dust layers and start reading ...

1 comment:

  1. Nothing wrong with a little glossy addiction. I have one myself!

    ReplyDelete