May 1, 2011

Random Acts of Kindness - My April RAK

Well, I sure had fun with my Random Acts of Kindness! As mentioned in my respective post in early April, this was the first time I participated and I was totally excited about choosing people who I'd surprise with a RAK ...

I guess everyone has some kind of system how they choose whom to give what book, and well, mine was something like this: I decided to pick one person from the US, the other should be non-US; then I wanted one person who'd never won and another one who has won before; and, last but not least, I wanted to pick books with fancy (and as it turned out, looong) titles. What can I say? I needed a system to help me decide. And next time I'm going to do this differently. Promise!

The first person I picked was Jess from Jess Hearts Books and the book I chose for her is One Seriously Messed-Up Week In The Otherwise Mundane And Uneventful Life Of Jack Samsonite (Tom Clempson).


The second one lucky was Liz from Consumed By Books and the book I chose for her is The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland In A Ship Of Her Own Making (Catherynne M. Valente).


And now you're probably curious about my RAK ...

Vickie from ComaCalm's Corner was the first to surprise me and as this is my very first RAK ever, it is obviously extra special to me. We agreed on letting it be a surprise, alas I've been patiently waiting for the book to sit in my mailbox one of these days aaand on Wednesday The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins) was in my mail, yay!!!


Then Hilde from The Turn of the Page contacted me, offering me Inside Out (Maria V. Snyder) which made me squeal in delight as I already read Outside In and really really wanted to read the first part too.


Thanks so much girls!!

Last, but definitely not least, a big THANK YOU to Book Soulmates for hosting the Random Acts of Kindness event!!

No comments:

Post a Comment