June 12, 2011

In My Mailbox (5)

That's a week to my liking. Books books and more books.

Remember the 10%-Off promotion at The Book Depository? I bet you do.
So, here's what I got ...

After having read the second part of the series I knew I needed to get my hands of the rest of the books and did so with The Lily Bard Mysteries Omnibus (Charlaine Harris) which is quite a tome, yikes!

Being a bit of a lover for cozy mysteries too, I splurged on a number of them - Shop Till You Drop and Murder With All The Trimmings (Elaine Viets), The Teaberry Strangler (Laura Childs), Holiday Grind (Cleo Coyle), If Books Could Kill (Kate Carlisle) and Bookmarked For Death (Lorna Barrett). Enough reading material for those frosty days behind the fireplace ... uhm ... more like, for those frosty days behind the AC.

Funny detail. For one reason or another on each of the two book-related mysteries there is a cat on the cover. Coincidence? Or maybe the cats are supposed to make the book appear more ... mysterious? Who knows.

Thanks to The Story Siren for hosting the IMM meme!

2 comments:

  1. I love Lily Bard! She is my fave after Sookie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cozy mysteries are great for summer reading. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete