June 26, 2011

In My Mailbox (6)

I honestly thought I'd drag home more books from the flea market we had on Saturday, but it was disappointingly small and the variety of books offered left quite a bit to desired. Still, it wouldn't be me if I hadn't found a few books, sooo ...

As I've mentioned some time ago I wanted to give Stephen King a try again. I haven't been too fond of what I read by him as a teenager, but years, or shall I say decades, have passed and I found one of his books so I picked it up. Then I stumbled over a number of books by J.D. Robb and while I really didn't like the one Eve Dallas novel I once read all that much (I only found out later that it was one of her weaker books, with three novellas, and not one of the full fledged novels) I thought that with giving Stephen a second chance I could do the same for J.D. too.

All the books I bought are the German editions, thus I only give the English titles so you won't have to play the guessing game.

Nightmares And Dreamscapes (Stephen King); Immortal In Death, Judgement In Death, Witness In Death and Betrayal In Death (J.D. Robb).

Oh and I got all the books for just 50 cent each, yay!

Thanks to The Story Siren for hosting the IMM meme!

7 comments:

  1. I've seen a few Stephen King films, but I don't think I've ever read any of his books (despite having at least 1 on my shelves). I've not read any of J.D. Robb's either. I hope you enjoy them though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love J.D.Robb, I really relly do! :) Hope you like the books! I'm behind horribly on the last 5-6 books in series, but only because she writes like a maniac, and I wanted to start re-reading the series from the beginning and got stuck torn between all the new releases and Nora Roberts aka JDRobb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some awesome deals! I haven't read JD Robb's work, but I've heard great things about them. Hope you enjoy them!

    Jennie
    My Cute Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started reading the In Death series but got bored after book 2...not my sort of thing at all but I know many people love her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit, I wonder how I'm going to like the J.D. Robb books myself (after all the one book I know didn't thrill me that much) but even if I find myself bored to death *haha* at least the investment was so small that I won't mind all that much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read Robb but have read a few Stephen King, my favourite being Firestarter. Looking forward to the release of his new one coming out in November!

    My mailbox is empty this week. Canada Postal workers are still on strike. It sounds like they may be legislated back to work this coming week though. Thank goodness!

    Enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried to read Stephan King once but I just couldnt get into his books. I may have to give them another try

    My IMM: http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-my-mailbox-8.html?spref=tw

    ReplyDelete