July 3, 2011

Books Aplenty - Another week in reading

Guess what? I've been doing a lil' reading again this week. As I'm a bit behind with my reviews I'll keep my thoughts to the books I devoured and digested a bit shorter than you are used to, but ... actually there's no but, it's just I'm only serving "shorties" this week.

Part one of a time travelling new series where everyone wants to get their hands on The Skin Map (Stephen R. Lawhead) was an enjoyable yet somehow dragging read. If only the end wouldn't have been rushed and if only I'd have a clue about what on earth the ending is supposed to mean.

A dystopian future where being pregnant with The Third (Abel Keogh) makes you shiver from beginning to end. Granted I felt like hitting Ransom's wife over the head several times, but what can you do when someone needs to follow their conscience instead of saving their hide?

Vampires and werewolves meet in Fallen Blood (Martin C. Sharlow) which offers a unique look on the vampire "species". Unfortunatelly the fascinating premise is murdered by the most painful grammar crimes I've seen in a long time.

Martial arts meets science fiction in Criticality (Edmund Alexander Sims) and turned out to be a great candidate for most boring book of all time. To be fair, this might work well as a movie, but as a book? Don't bother.

Let's have a look at all the books I added this week, shall we?

I've won an eBook copy of Shifters Of 2040 (Ami Blackwelder) through her blog tour.

Then I got a few books through LibraryThing - Shelter (Tara Shuler), Divine Intervention (Cheryl Kaye Tardif), Concerto (Sandra Miller), Shattered Wings (Bryan Healey), Changers Summer (Mike Lewis) and The Choice (Lorhainne Eckhart).

And now, watch out for a real swell IMM post ...

No comments:

Post a Comment