August 24, 2011

Beyond the Shelf - 30 Day Book Challenge

One of my Facebook friends has signed up to the 30 Day Movie Challenge a little while ago *friendly wave if he reads this* and it took me until Day 28 to realize that maybe, just maybe, there is a 30 Day Book Challenge too. Long story short - there really is!

This is how it works - you have to pick a book for each day, upload a picture of it on your profile page, and tag it so it will show up on the 30 Day Book Challenge fan page as well. Obviously the challenge is meant to take place on Facebook, but why not let the idea roam freely on your blog too?

If you are on Facebook yourself you will actually find several such challenge pages and lists vary slightly. So it's best to just pick the one that suits you better. Or maybe mix them up and draft your very own list. Either way, I know I'd have to ponder over each and every book for hours no matter which list I'd try to tackle, so I won't delight you with the books I'd choose, but give you time to mull over your own choices instead.

Here are the lists from the biggest 30 Day Book Challenge pages I found on Facebook.

Day 1: Favorite book
Day 2: Least favorite book
Day 3: Book that makes you laugh out loud
Day 4: Book that makes you cry
Day 5: Book you wish you could live in
Day 6: Favorite young adult book
Day 7: Book that you can quote/recite
Day 8: Book that scares you
Day 9: Book that makes you sick
Day 10: Book that changed your life
Day 11: Book from your favorite author
Day 12: Book that is most like your life
Day 13: Book whose main character is most like you
Day 14: Book whose main character you want to marry
Day 15: First “chapter book” you can remember reading as a child
Day 16: Longest book you’ve read
Day 17: Shortest book you’ve read
Day 18: Book you’re most embarrassed to say you like
Day 19: Book that turned you on
Day 20: Book you’ve read the most number of times
Day 21: Favorite picture book from childhood
Day 22: Book you plan to read next
Day 23: Book you tell people you’ve read, but haven’t (or haven’t actually finished)
Day 24: Book that contains your favorite scene
Day 25: Favorite book you read in school
Day 26: Favorite nonfiction book
Day 27: Favorite fiction book
Day 28: Last book you read
Day 29: Book you’re currently reading
Day 30: Favorite coffee table book

Day 01 - Your favorite book
Day 02 - Least favorite book
Day 03 - A book that completely surprised you (bad/good)
Day 04 - A book that reminds you of home
Day 05 - A non-fiction book that you actually enjoyed
Day 06 - A book that makes you cry
Day 07 - A book that’s hard to read
Day 08 - An unpopular book you believe should be a best-seller
Day 09 - A book you’ve read more than once
Day 10 - The first novel you remember reading
Day 11 - The book that made you fall in love with reading
Day 12 - A book so emotionally draining you couldn’t complete it or had to set aside for a bit
Day 13 - Favorite childhood book
Day 14 - Book that should be on high school/college required reading list
Day 15 - Favorite book dealing with foreign culture
Day 16 - Favorite book turned movie
Day 17 - Book turned movie and completely desecrated
Day 18 - A book you can’t find on shelves anymore that you love
Day 19 - A book that changed your mind about a particular subject (non-fiction)
Day 20 - A book you would recommend to an ignorant/racist/closed minded person
Day 21 - A guilty pleasure book
Day 22 - Favorite series
Day 23 - Favorite romance novel
Day 24 - A book you later found out the author lied about
Day 25 - Favorite autobiographical/biographical book
Day 26 - A book you wish would be written
Day 27 - A book you would write if you had all the resources
Day 28 - A book you wish you never read
Day 29 - An author that you completely avoid/hate/won't read
Day 30 - An author that you will read whatever they put out

Feel inspired for the challenge? Then go for it!

4 comments:

  1. Quite an interesting challenge, but it's hard to decide on just one book for a certain category...

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. It would take me weeks to decide on books for all categories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow- that would be hard! Plus, one book for me fits several of those categories....

    Maybe I'll just address it in my blog when I get back from vacation. I get back when you leave, so have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the second list on my blog. I thought the first list was asking too many stupid questions. A book that makes me sick? A book I tell everyone I've read but I haven't? Which book I've read the most often (as if I keep track!)? I much preferred the second list. It was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete