August 29, 2011

Guest Blogger Days

While you're reading these lines yours truly will be sitting on the plane to the UK looking forward to having a real good time checking out men in kilts and maybe do some sightseeing too. I could have sent my blog on vacation as well, but I honestly couldn't come up with a place my blog might want to travel to. This is a tranquil blog. It doesn't move much. Really. So I decided to do what every responsible-minded person should do while away ... I let others do the work for me!

Let's all pray for a moment that blogger won't crash or act up in any way while I'm away, because *gasp* I won't be online during the next two weeks. I hope the withdrawal symptoms won't kill me. The sight of my e-mail inbox probably will. I already had nightmares of finding thousands of e-mails upon return. No kidding. So let's pray that my inbox won't crash either.

And now, without further ado, what you may expect during the next two weeks!

Guest Blogger Schedule (spiced up with some reviews)

30.08. Scottish Book Tour by Ex Libris

31.08. Book Buying Addiction and Other Weird Habits by ComaCalm's Corner

01.09. Book Quiz by Rikki's Teleidoscope

02.09. The Bookworm by Amy's Fibro Thoughts

03.09. Book Buying Habits by Reviews by Martha's Bookshelf

04.09. Book Review of Journey Across The Four Seas (Veronica Li)

05.09. A Bookword Story by It's All About Books

06.09. What kind of holiday reader are you? by Leeswammes' Blog

07.09. Book Shots by Curiosity Killed the Bookworm

08.09. Original vs Translation by Miss Page-Turner's City of Books

09.09. What I Stashed in My Suitcase aka My Starcrossed Dream Cast by Badass Bookie

10.09. Answers to Book Quiz by Rikki's Teleidoscope

11.09. Book Review of That Day In September (Artie Van Why)

I hope you have as much fun with the guest posts by fellow bloggers as I had when I first read them. Make them all feel welcome here and don't forget to show them your love with a comment or two!

What am I saying? A comment or two? Nah ... let's not beat around the bush (there goes the tranquility in my book garden) because there will be a Guest Blogger Days Giveaway going on too!!

All you have to do is leave meaningful comments on as many of the guest posts as you like. This will give you up to ten entries! You may comment more than once on a particular blog post (especially in case a dialogue develops there), but it will only count as one entry!
Comments on this blog post or on reviews do not count, but are always appreciated!

Please make sure to leave your e-mail address (unless you have contact information on your blogger profile) with at least your first comment.

Now you probably want to know what you can win! Alrighty ... I'll be giving away a $10,00 Amazon GC (for those in the US) or a book of choice of up to $10,00 from The Book Depository (for international folks) to one of the commenters and to one of my wonderful guest bloggers too!
Obviously I'd like to spoil them all for agreeing on a guest post here, but I'll be spending enough money while on vacation, so "there can only be one". Like the Highlander? Scotland? Uhm. Anyone getting the joke? Oh well ...

Rules
Following my blog is no requirement, but greatly appreciated.
Open worldwide.

Winner
The giveaway is open from August 30th through September 17th. One guest blogger and one commenter will be picked through random.org in the following week and will then be contacted by e-mail as well as announced here on my blog. The winners will have 48 hours to respond and if he/she fails to do so I will draw a new winner.

8 comments:

  1. You never seem to stop, even if abroad :) have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're having a great time!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed for Blogger reliability, I'm slightly worried about it for when I go away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Blogger fails, it's time to move to Wordpress. I scheduled 14 posts for 14 days this summer and they all appeared as they should.

    Fingers crossed nothing goes awry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to participate! have a nive day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are having a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your vacation in Scotland was great fun!
    I haven't read any books about Scotland but would love to.
    nicolesender(at)yahoo(dot)dom

    ReplyDelete