August 16, 2011

Quote Garden - Taking it slow

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
Mark Twain

I'm learning skills I will use for the rest of my life by doing homework ... procrastinating and negotiation.
Bill Watterson

As a writer, I need an enormous amount of time alone. Writing is 90 percent procrastination: reading magazines, eating cereal out of the box, watching infomercials. It's a matter of doing everything you can to avoid writing, until it is about four in the morning and you reach the point where you have to write. Having anybody watching that or attempting to share it with me would be grisly.
Paul Rudnick

If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done.
Rita Mae Brown

The thing all writers do best is find ways to avoid writing.
Alan Dean Foster

2 comments:

  1. this feels like it's directed at me. :) Must be because I need to just start writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. here is one I also like, coming from the one and only Anais Nin:
    "The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say."

    ReplyDelete