August 9, 2011

Quote Garden - The Typewriter

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
David Gerrold

We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.
Robert Wilensky

Writing is something that you don't know how to do. You sit down and it's something that happens, or it may not happen. So, how can you teach anybody how to write? It's beyond me, because you yourself don't even know if you're going to be able to. I'm always worried, well, you know, every time I go upstairs with my wine bottle. Sometimes I'll sit at that typewriter for fifteen minutes, you know. I don't go up there to write. The typewriter's up there. If it doesn't start moving, I say, well this could be the night that I hit the dust.
Charles Bukowski

I just sit at my typewriter and curse a bit.
P.G. Wodehouse

In the old days, writers used to sit in front of a typewriter and stare out of the window. Nowadays, because of the marvels of convergent technology, the thing you type on and the window you stare out of are now the same thing.
Douglas Adams

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god these are pee-your-pants funny! I nearly fell off my chair. He he. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete