August 28, 2011

Random Acts of Kindness - My August RAK

First let it be said I felt really touched about all the bookish goodness raining down on me this month. Not sure whether I can blame it on mentioning my upcoming birthday in early September or not. It is a random event after all. And now without further ado, here's what I received as early birthday presents from some lovely fellow RAKers ...

The first gal to completely take me by surprise was Amber from The Musings of Almybnenr who sent me The Forrest Of Hands And Teeth (Carrie Ryan). I honestly hadn't expected anyone to contact me that fast, only a day or two after signing up, but there she was, offering to send out a book.


Alexa from Pages of Forbidden Love spoiled me with The Iron King (Julie Kagawa). Everyone else seems to have already read the whole series, and there's me finally starting on book one. Better late then never!


And Rachael Huszar almost gave me a heart attack when she offered to send me all four books of the Mortal Instruments (Cassandra Clare). Her generosity literally left me speechless. Once again ... a huge THANK YOU!!!


And one more Rachel, namely Rachel from The Rest Is Still Unwritten, RAKed me back this month with Matched (Ally Condie).


That's still not all, because Shannon from Write to Read wanted to surprise me too. And surprise me she did. Not only did she pick Delirium (Lauren Oliver) which was one of my top three most wanted books, she even got me the Special Version with the gorgeous new cover.


And if you thought that this was it, you're wrong, because my dear Stella from Ex Libris insisted on spoiling me with Uglies (Scott Westerfeld) as a birthday present as well.


But let's not forget that I sent out some books myself. This time I wanted to send out non fiction books and you wouldn't believe how hard it was to find people who actually have non fiction on their wishlists!?

For Rikki from Rikki's Teleidoscope I picked A Week At The Airport (Alain de Botton) which I might eventually buy myself too as it intrigues me how someone would want to live at the airport for a week. Not to mention that I will be at Heathrow Airport myself tomorrow. Only for a few hours though. But I digress.


And Hannah from Once Upon A Time received the memoir A Tale Of Love And Darkness (Amos Oz).


Once again a big THANK YOU to Book Soulmates for hosting the Random Acts of Kindness event!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that was a successful RAK month for you indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knooow :-D but like I said, I think my upcoming birthday is responsible for most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's impressive! Happy Bday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome month! You got loads. Yay....so we share the same birthday. Hope you have a fab day :) Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were a very lucky woman! My goodness, so many new books! And you didn't even take one, just a little one, with you on holiday? Oh! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOLY COW! You got A LOT of freaking AWESOME books this month! It's amazing how kind people can be! I'm so happy for you! Hope you love ALL of them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you did get a lot of great books. Lol I sent you The Iron King and I haven't even read that series yet even though I own it. I hope you enjoy everything you got :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow :o you're pretty darn loved! :D

    ReplyDelete