***Now I bet you've all been waiting for the answers to the questions in last week's Book Quiz by Rikki from Rikki's Teleidoscope. I can't blame you. Some of her questions have been really tough, especially the one with the author photo. How on earth do you google a photo? Yikes.
1. Mainly green and yellow (“The Hobbit” by J. R. R. Tolkien, chapter 1)
2. St. John Rivers (“Jane Eyre” by Charlotte Bronte)
3. Milan Kundera
4. He claims she is his old aunt who lives in Tunbridge Wells. ("The Importance of Being Earnest” by Oscar Wilde)
5. “Tomorrow to be brave” by Susan Travers
6. Gossage and Vardebedian (“The Gossage – Vardebedian Papers”. You can read it here. It is absolutely hilarious, even if you don’t play chess).
7. Pandora Braithwaite (“The secret diary of Adrian Mole, aged 13 3/4” by Sue Townsend, and all the sequels)
8. Mameha (“Memoirs of a Geisha” by Arthur Golden)
10. London – Suez – Bombay – Calcutta – Hongkong – Yokohama – San Francisco – New York – London (“Around the world in eighty days” by Jules Verne, Chapter 3)