September 1, 2011

Guest Post "Book Quiz" by Rikki's Teleidoscope

Today's guest blogger is Rikki from Rikki's Teleidoscope. Rikki is a German book blogger who likes reading challenges as much as she dislikes books with animals in them. Yet she uses dog-ears for bookmarks (her wording, not mine) so she's obviously not opposed to having dogs play a ... uhm, useful part in the books she reads.

***
Hi everybody,

Birgit asked me and a few other book bloggers to write a guest post on her blog while she is away on holidays in lovely England & Scotland.

I love quizzes; they are fun and it is quite some time that I did a quiz on my own blog, so I thought it would be great to do a little book quiz here at The Book Garden.

Are you ready? Here we go:

1. What colors do Hobbits mainly dress in?

2. What is the name of the religious zealot who wants to marry Jane Eyre for practical reasons?

3. Who is this author?













4. When Algernon finds the cigarette case, what does Jack say who Cecily is.

5. What is the name of the biography of the only woman to join the Foreign Legion?

6. Who plays chess via letters in Woody Allen’s “Getting Even”?

7. What is the name of Adrian Mole’s love since he was 13?

8. Who is the geisha who takes Sayuri under her wing?

9. What is the title of the novel by Elizabeth von Arnim that was published in 1921 about dominance in marriage?

10. What is the route that makes it possible to go around the world in 80 days as printed in the Morning Chronicle?

Leave your answers in the comments below, please. The correct solutions will be posted on September 10th, so check back here again. There will not be a prize for the winner, just the usual short lived fame, :). I’m sure you all love a challenge just for its own sake though. Thanks for playing!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, this breaks my poor brains. Some of these books I haven't read so I don't feel bad about that, but there are a few answers that I should know and I don't.

    I probably have 0 or 1 correct. Help!

    1. Brown
    2. ?
    3. James Patterson?
    4. ?
    5. ?
    6. ?
    7. Cecilia?
    8. ?
    9. The Enchanted Garden
    10. ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a tough quiz! I only know the answers for 2. St John Rivers and 8. Mameha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Judith, like I said, brown isn't right. Those Hobbits dress pretty colorfully.

    @Ally, hey, two is better than none, right? Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely :) I'm looking forward to the answers :)

    ReplyDelete