September 9, 2011

Guest Post "What I Stashed in My Suitcase" by Badass Bookie

And we approach the end of the Guest Blogger Days with Aussie book blogger Lisa from Badass Bookie. While most of us will only pack a book (or two) when going on vacation, Lisa is the kind of gal who will take the whole cast with her on a desert island. I hope there's still room for sunscreen in her luggage ...

***

Hello Lovelies! It’s Lisa and I usually blog over at Badass Bookie BUT my super, duper awesome friend Birgit asked whether I would like to do a guest post on The Book Garden and who am I to turn down such an offer?

So I pondered hard about what I’m going to post about. Top Tens? Old. Review? Bo-ring. Heart Throbs? Love the idea but … I’m taking it a step further and I bring you … *dramatic pause* What I Stashed in My Suitcase …

The book and the characters I would love to spend the rest of my life with on a desert island …

The Book? Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini. One of my favourite debuts of the year, it was hard narrowing it down to one book but I can feel it, THIS is the right choice! First of all, Greek Mythology is totally badass! I love the whole concept of turning something so old into literature we all enjoy! Add to the mix – hot boys, drama, action, tension and a killer romance, what’s not to love? Where wouldn’t I want to spend the rest of my reading life with … Starcrossed (even the name is so *swoon* worthy :P)

(While we’re at it … US vs. UK Battle of the Cover? Which one do you prefer? I love the US cover but the UK cover is more relevant.)

The Characters? I would steal away Helen, Lucas, Jason, Claire, Ariadne and … hot, smexy, hot, badass, sexy, hot Hector. And to visually represent why I would stash Starcrossed in my suitcase … I’ve picked a dream cast!

Helen – Isabel Lucas (She’s Aussie!)
You Might Know Her from … Transformers

Lucas – Zach Roerig
You Might Know Him from … Vampire Diaries

Adriane – Jessica Lowndes
You Might Know Her from …90210

Jason – Logan Lerman
You Might Know Him from … Percy Jackson

Claire – Christian Serratos
You Might Know Her from … Twilight

Hector – Max Iron
You Might Know Him from … Red Riding Hood

Soooo what do you think? Are they worth spending the rest of my life with? Away from civilisation, on a desert island just me and …them? Mmmmm I think they are!
Hehe!
Badass Bookie xx

1 comment:

  1. Nice choices! I don't know how much they know about survival tactics on a desert island, but I would have wanted some hot ex-navy Seal or some heavy magic user who can transport us from the island and back whenever we feel like it :)

    ReplyDelete