October 26, 2011

Beyond the Shelf - I Write Like

No need to be a writer (though it may help if you wrote more than notes on post-its or grocery shopping lists) to compare yourself to famous authors. I found I Write Like already last year and was quite eager to find out just who I write like. And here we go again.

This time I used pages of a current WIP ... in fact I used several pages, because I didn't quite like the result I got with only one page. Besides, and I really want to believe this, the result is more trustworthy the more text you use for the highly *cough* scientific analysis.

Those who got to know my blog in its early days might even remember that I allegedly write like Edgar Allen Poe. No more Poe for me. At least not when it comes to the text I used.

I write like
Ursula K. Le Guin

I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!


Now that is neat! I mean, I take both Edgar Allan Poe and Ursula K. Le Guin any day!!

And hell, there is a pattern after all! I love science fiction and before anyone says that Poe was known for his horror stories, think again. He contributed considerable to the science fiction genre.

Curious? Head on over and try it out yourself! It's fun!!

Oh, and don't forget to share your result in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. A lot of people don't realize that Poe was a HUGE influence with his crime and mystery stories, as well! Funny how someone can get pigeonholed for one genre, when they were clearly a big deal to others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently I write like David Foster Wallace who I've never even heard of before! I might have to check him out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of Ursula K. Le Guin before, I am afraid.
    I got J.D. Salinger.

    @Ellie, I recently put a book of his on my TBR list. They get praise from all over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. J.D. Salinger? Cool.
    I have to admit, I haven't heard of David Foster Wallace either ... and apropos Ursula L. LeGuin - she is an American fantasy/science fiction author.

    ReplyDelete