October 14, 2011

The Others - Jill Mansell

If it hasn't been obvious by now it's time to finally reveal the truth - not only do I love chick lit, I have a soft spot for British chick lit authors. That said, let me introduce you to Jill Mansell. Actually I found this author by accident. You know how it is. Bored and browsing around on Amazon and actually trusting in their recommendations. One thing lead to the next and I ended up with a truckload full of Jill's books. Admittedly I'm only half way through reading the books I bought, but with my towering TBR stacks that is no big surprise.

Are you a friend of witty, engaging romance novels? A lover of fun and sexy reads? You might want to give her books a try then. And you can have your pick from quite a lot as there are currently 22 published novels, To The Moon And Back only being her latest.

With so many books you might wonder if Jill even has a life besides of being a full time writer. Well, according to her own words, yes. She watches TV, eats fruit gums, admires the rugby players training in the sports field behind her house, and spends hours on the internet marvelling at how many other writers have blogs. Only when she’s completely run out of displacement activities does she write. Add that she has a partner and kids. I wonder if she ever gets to sleep. Either way, thankfully, Jill has the time to write and entertain her fans.

Interested in more British chick lit authors? Try your luck with some of my all-time favorites of the genre such as Sophie Kinsella, Alexandra Potter, or Chris Manby. I can really recommend them all to every girl who's looking for a fun and light read!

No comments:

Post a Comment