October 17, 2011

A Writer's Life - The Attic in My Yard

Now how could an attic possible end up in a yard?

If "tornado" or "mistranslation" are your best guesses you better read on ... well, in fact you should continue reading either way!

I bet your guesses would have sounded somewhat different when you were still a kid. But let's face it - most of us no longer dream and imagine the way we did as kids. Where we once saw pirate's ships sailing by or fairies dancing in the meadow we now see a cherry tree or the trash can. No one knows how this happens, but one day you look out the window and the ships and fairies are gone. Then again, maybe they are just hiding beneath a raspberry bush. And maybe all it takes is to lure them out again. From the attic in your yard … into reality.

Granted, there is a difference between the dreams we used to have as kids compared to those we have as adults. Sadly, we often neglect those dreams in favor of the "real life". The attic has suddenly lost its magic ... but it is still there, all you have to do is look hard enough or dig deep enough, and you will rediscover your dreams. And then? Follow them!

Reading this book will make your day!
And the fact that you are reading it will make mine ... that and the fact that you'll have to buy it first! Come on, I had to mention it, didn't I? Could there be a better place for shamelessly promoting my book than my own blog? Alright, maybe there are several places, but here and now is were it all starts ... so head on over to Smashwords or Lulu to have a look ... and off you go!

Available in print at Lulu or as eBook at Smashwords.

6 comments:

  1. So this was the surprise you were talking about at the beginning of the month? Sounds terrific! I will be the first book I buy in '12, since I am banned by my boyfriend to buy any more books this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! :) So happy for you, and will be picking up my copy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay!!! I HAD to go buy it!!! LOL!!!! I now own it!!! Thanks SO much for telling us about it or else I would not have known it! You SHOULD toot your own horn on YOUR blog!! See, if you hadn't I would NOT have bought it!! I came over for the Literary Hop and won automatically!!! thanks SO much!!!
    I Can't WAIT to read it! It will be a while, but over Christmas I will get to it!
    Thanks!!!
    Laurie Carlson
    laurieisreading at gnmail dot com
    http://www.lauriehere.blogspot.com
    I WILL write a review, but it will be a while. I am SO backlogged right now!
    Thanks again! Now, on to your giveaway!! Maybe I'll win twice! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie, you're officially the first person to buy my book, woohoo! Thanks so much and ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birgit, have you thought of having it as an ebook as well?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can get it as eBook at Smashwords - the link is at the end of the post :-) !

    ReplyDelete