November 2, 2011

Beyond the Shelf - Curiosity Quills

Recently I saw several shared links by one of my bookish Google+ friends to a website that was totally new to me. Its name? Curiosity Quills.

And no, it didn't take more than three of these linked articles to pique my curiosity. A click with the mouse and the site was already conveniently bookmarked in my book-section. But what is Curiosity Quills? And what about those articles that made me click that mouse?

The humble collective of Curiosity Quills is a gaggle of literary marauders with a bone to grind and not enough time for revisions. Creating together, supporting each other, and putting out the best darn tootin' words this side of Google. That's what they claim and trust me, the witty tone doesn't stop there.

And the articles? The first was Book Review Blogs with Massive Followers, then came Facing the Aliens, and finally Show, Don't Tell: Weak Words to Search For While Editing. What followed was that clicking mouse.

Presenting a diverse spectrum of everything book-related, from Interviews to Guides & How-To's straight to Literary Works, this website is definitely worth checking out! And ohhh ... don't miss out on Limyaael's Rants, full of advice, warnings, and witty commentary on just about every aspect of constructing a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment