November 9, 2011

Beyond the Shelf - Sprucing up your blog (again)

Are you a fellow book blogger?
Here are some ideas to make those sidebars look good ... yes, I'm talking about those ever-present widgets!

This one's for the writer in all of us!
Writing Tip of the Day

And where would we all be without words?
Word of the Day

Of course, news about the world of literature and books come in handy too!

Still haven't got enough of widgets?
Head on over to Widgetbox where you can find a whole array of bookish widgets, such as The Devil's Dictionary, the Random Multilanguage Word of the Day or the Penguin Classics Book Quote of the Day.

Granted, we usually stuff the sidebars of our blogs to the max, but featuring a widget or two never hurts! In case you know a great one I didn't mention, feel free to leave a link in the comments to share with other readers.

4 comments:

  1. I get the goodreads quote everyday and that's something I quote enjoy. As for the word of the day, I used to have that,then the widget stopped working. I do have the idiom of the day on my bar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a big fan of widgets as I hate cluttered sidebars. I use the goodreads "reading now" and the Goodreads reading challenge one and am ok with that.
    I like the Penguin classic quote one, though. That might be something worth considering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!!! I wasn't going to show pictures of fleas and worms!!!!LOL! you crack me up! Have a wonderful day dear friend! Hugs Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't care for the widgets. It makes everything too busy and to me, distracts from your message.

    ReplyDelete