November 13, 2011

In My Mailbox (19)

I guess I'll have to declare my mailman one of my favorite people! We are already pretty close to being on a first-name basis and this week he even showed me a picture of his four year old grandson! But enough of Mr. Postman, on to my book haul ...

Bought by yours truly were It Looked Different On The Model (Laurie Notaro) and How To Be A Woman (Caitlin Moran). I found out about the books on other blogs and simply couldn't resist as both sounded just like my kind of read!

Then I received The Language Of Flowers: A Miscellany (Mandy Kirkby) for review from MacMillan.

And I've won The Goddess Test (Aimee Carter) over at Bookworm Lisa. About time too that I finally hold the book in my hands as its been on my wishlist like what seems forever!

Thanks to The Story Siren for hosting the IMM meme!

7 comments:

  1. Birgit, the postman is one of my favorite men too! :) The Language of Flowers's cover is fabulous! Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read The Goddess Test! And The Language of Flowers has been on my wishlist for the longest time! It sounds so good, I hope you enjoy them all!

    http://jaimeliredeslivres.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. No books for me this week but I hope you enjoy yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was told on Friday that I had to read How To Be A Woman, hope you enjoy it. I've also got The Goddess Test to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen this "looked different on the model" just yesterday somewhere. I am sure that that is a fun read.
    And I love the look of The Language of Flowers. It looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, great book haul this week!
    BTW "The Language of Flowers" is the official companion to the novel of the same name by Vanessa Diffenbaugh, profiling flowers and their meaning, including beautiful illustrations. Really looking forward to delving into it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laurie Notaro is HILARIOUS...I have 3 or 4 of her books...one of which I remember vividly reading, and laughing so hard I had tears streaming down my face. Good reading!

    ReplyDelete