November 15, 2011

Review - Write-A-Thon (Rochelle Melander)

A lot of people are participating in NaNoWriMo during the month of November, yet writing a book can be achieved any time. In Write-A-Thon Rochelle Melander suggests that everyone is capable of writing a book in 26 days.
Everyone who ever wanted to write a book but felt discouraged by countless reasons why it might not be such a good idea after all, will get the boost they need. This guide offers lots of advice, from writing tools and techniques to helpful exercises, but most of all, Rochelle encourages the would-be-writer to make writing a life priority which, with the right planning and attitude, has room even in the busiest schedule. Showing up is the key! To sit down and write. No excuses.
Not one of those dry how-to books, this compendium is engaging and inspiring, filled with real-life examples by different authors, and seasoned with great quotes at the beginning of chapters. I believe it is even for those who have already written books, because all writers struggle with many of the issues addressed here, including this awful thing called procrastination. I honestly wish this guide had already been available when I set out writing my first book as it would have been of tremendous help. While I have taken that first hurdle, it's safe to say that Write-A-Thon will come in handy for future writing projects of mine!
In short: Highly recommended for everyone who ever wanted to write a book!

5/5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the author. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment