December 25, 2011

In My Mailbox - Christmas Edition

You should have seen my face when on Monday my wonderful mailman dragged a huge bag to my doorstep. Need I seriously mention what was in that bag? After a bit of joking that he needed to wear a red coat and grow a beard I was left with a whole stash of books I had recently ordered. Long story short, here's what Santa ... uhm, Mr. Postman ... brought this week!

Let's start with books from The Book Depository - Soul Screamers Vol 1. (Rachel Vincent), Murder Of A Bookstore Babe (Denise Swanson) and A Killer Plot (Ellery Adams).

The rest of my loot came from AwesomeBooks who had a fantastic buy-4-pay-3 book promotion that I simply couldn't resist. Basically I paid rougly € 2,20 for each book (including shipping!). Yep, we're talking used books, but a girl needs to watch her bank account, ya know!

A Week At The Airport (Alain De Botton)
Checkout (Anna Sam)
The Secret Shopper Unwrapped and The Secret Shopper's Revenge (Kate Harrison)
Death By Darjeeling and Shades Of Earl Grey (Laura Childs)
Latte Trouble, Murder Most Frothy, Decaffeinated Corpse and French Pressed (Cleo Coyle)

Beautiful Creatures (Kami Garcia)
Poison Study (Maria V. Snyder)
Evermore (Alison Noel)
Wake (Lisa McMann)
Siren (Tricia Rayburn)
Hereafter (Tara Hudson)
Moonlight (Rachel Hawthorne)
Need (Carrie Jones)

Evernight (Claudia Gray)
Numbers (Rachel Ward)
Hush, Hush (Becca Fitzpartick)
Sisters Red (Jackson Pearce)
Shade (Jeri Smith-Ready)
Tender Morsels (Margo Lanagan)
The Secret Hour (Scott Westerfeld)
Passing Strange (Daniel Waters)
Prophecy Of The Sisters (Michelle Zink)
Claire De Lune (Christine Johnson)

And for those of you who are drooling over that list just remember my previously mentioned plan of finding new homes for old books! Did I just hear a collective YAY? And not to worry, I'll be reading fast, so to share some of today's bookish goodness with some of my readers rather sooner than later.

Thanks to The Story Siren for hosting the IMM meme!

11 comments:

  1. Birgit, are you ok? O M G! So many books in one go! And I thought I was bad this week (not posted yet). Glad you got de Botton, it is really good, well, I liked it anyway, as you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA. I love this post. Sorry, the books, the pictures. That poor guy! ; )

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg this is so awesome! Congrats on the amazing books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some great stuff! Happy reading! :D

    Angie @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. And your mailman had to haul this up stairs, right? Poor guy- he probably went home and got out a heating pad for his back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got Hereafter too! And a friend let me borrow both Beautiful Creatures and Prophecy of the Sisters! And I hope you'll enjoy Hush, Hush!

    Happy Holiday! My Christmas IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! You've got Poison Study and Numbers - both books I've enjoyed immensely! Fantastic mailbox, Birgit! Well done! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goshness! Great books this week. You got about every book on my wish list, like honestly. Have fun reading:)

    Kandee

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many lovely books! Hope you enjoy them all, especially the Soul Screamers book. :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow nice haul! I still want to get the Soul Screamers series soon I haven't read it yet! *gasp*

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see some wishlist books in those pictures...

    Nice haul ;)

    ReplyDelete