December 26, 2011

A Writer's Life - 366 days of writing

Those who aren't aware of it yet, the next year will bring us one additional day to be spent at out leisure. You can use February 29th in a lot of different ways. Sleeping. Reading. More sleeping. Or writing, of course. While I don't exactly plan ahead for the leap day, I thought I'd share with you my general authorial plans for 2012. And there are quite a few, so I better be thankful for that extra day, and on second thought, maybe it will also help to only sleep four hours a day. Then again, with only four hours of sleep I'd be the first published zombie writer, and I have this feeling this won't make for great publicity shots. Anyway.

I have three projects I want to finish next year.

No 1 - The next in line
Nope, this isn't the title of the book, haha! I'm referring to a follow up on my inspirational gift book series that I started with The Attic in My Yard this year.
Working title? A Cup of Simplicity
Progress? Haven't started on it yet.
Language? English.

No 2 - Keeping it short
Once again, this isn't the title, though it gives away what kind of book it will be, namely a short story compilation of speculative fiction, reminiscent of the Twilight Zone if you want to get a better idea of the direction I'll be taking here.
Working title? down below and in between
Progress? I have already written jotted down outlines for several stories.
Language? English (I must be crazy, but when I realized how much I've been reading in English this year, trying myself on writing in English seemed like the next logical step)

No 3 - Dissecting the author
Could be a fast paced thriller in which body parts are being sent to an unsuspecting young author. But it's not. Yet the genre is right, and the main character is an author.
Working title? Now
Progress? I already started on the novel in late 2010, though I haven't been working on it all that regularly. I felt stuck with a certain part of the plot, and after this knot finally unraveled this November, I'm finally back on track. Figuring in my story board for the book, my guess is that I've got roughly 20% of it written down.
Language? German

So, as you can see, 2012 will be quite busy for me! Truth be told, these aren't by far all the projects that occupy my time, just the ones I really want to finish in the next twelve months.

Wish me luck! What am I saying? It's not a matter of luck, but a matter of placing my butt in front of the computer and write away ...

No comments:

Post a Comment