January 8, 2012

In My Mailbox - The week of last book orders

Yes, I'm on a book buying ban! No, I didn't manage to kick my resolution to the curb so quickly!
The thing is that I sent out some last minute orders at the end of December, and they only arrived now. That said, I present to you my last self-bought book haul for the next, well, six months! Plus one wonderful gift thrown in with the mix!

Gifted
Enclave (Ann Aguirre)
from my Secret Santa

Bought
Limit (Franz Sch├Ątzing)

Bought
The Summoning (Kelley Armstrong)
Lifegame (Alison Allen-Gray)
The Devouring (Simon Holt)
Furnace: Lockdown (Alexander Gordon Smith)
Everlost (Neil Shusterman)

Thanks to The Story Siren for hosting the IMM meme!

5 comments:

  1. The Devouring looks scary. Hope you don't go crazy on your ban, remember it's OK if you slip now and then, it's better than the men in white coats coming for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great week.
    The version of Devouring is way too horrible for me but I still enjoyed the book.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll never stick to your book buying ban! As soon as you finish The Knife of Never Letting Go you will want to read The Ask and The Answer and Monsters and Men - one of the best YA trilogies ever written! You will love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure Birgit will find a way around this book buying ban if she needs to, gals! *grinning* Some great ooks here, Birgit! Enjoy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ellie: As long as I stumble over bookstacks I won't allow myself to slip ;-) !

    @Sabrina: I know, the cover of "The Devouring" is horrible in every way, but the book actually comes with a different, really pretty cover too. Unfortunately they only had that one available (I wonder why that might be).

    @Mel: Oh come on, Mel! No trust in my willpower? Then again, I might read "The Knife ..." very close to the end of my ban, just to be sure I don't do anything hasty!

    @kara-karina: A way around this ban? Me!? I wouldn't dare *cough*.

    ReplyDelete