February 18, 2012

Pajama Musings - They didn't always used to sparkle

Apropos of nothing (alright then, slightly inspired by a recent Buffy TV marathon) I started pondering the question why I've never gone for the Twilight books (or movies for that matter). It's not as though I'd be totally averse to the genre in general or vampires in particular. So why then do I still thoroughly enjoy some blood sucking brain candy and not the lovely dovey sparkling kind?

Here's the answer ...

Sparkle free since 1997!

To be fair though ...

... those werewolves leave something to be desired in the Buffy-verse.

8 comments:

  1. You know, it always bothered me that Spike turned so "ugly". I am totally smitten with him and hated his forehead then! Give me Spike over Edward any time though.
    As an aside, on one of our radio stations they always talk about Twilight as the film with "die Emo-Tussi, die Leiche und die Töle". I find this hilarious...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spike is way cool! Sexy and fun and does he have the best dialogues or what? Totally ingenious. But yes, his vampire-face is a bit of a bummer.

      Den Twilight-Sager kannte ich noch nicht ... nett, hahaha!

      Delete
  2. You've got to love Angel and Spike... especially Spike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAAH, Spike! and that lovely British accent with punky attitude... Beats emo-sparkly vegetarian any day. Only Meyer could have made a vampire so puritanically boring and devoid of all sinful delliciousness :) Also Eric Northman in True Blood - tall, blond, Scandinavian goodness continues good old tradition of "proper" vampires.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh yes, that accent is definitely a bonus!

      Delete
  4. I was never into vampires, sexy or not, maybe because I do not enjoy being scared :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're absolutely right. Vampires are NOT sparkling in the sun! I love Buffy and kind of hate Twilight.

    Greetings. Nice Blog. One more reader :)

    ReplyDelete