April 1, 2012

Dean Koontz Reading Challenge

The first quarter of the year has already passed and while I'm not exactly falling behind in this challenge, I can't quite claim to have done much (or rather, anything) the previous month. Like I mentioned last time, I already read two books and have four more to go. With a little bit of luck (and a quick reassuring glance at the books I've got lined up for review) I might tackle the second omnibus with three of Dean's novels within the next month (or two, let's not get to specific here).

How is your reading coming along? Apparently no one ever wants to comment on these posts (and admittedly we are a small group), but I'd love hearing from you and the books you've read so far!

8 comments:

  1. I have not read even one yet :(
    I really need to get on these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit that I haven't heard of him before, but I like your taste in books so I'm gonna give him a try! Can you please put me on the first level? I'm blogging over http://www.heartinghandmade.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very brave to join a challenge of a new author :-) if you need any recommendations feel free to ask!

      Delete
    2. which book would be nice for a first timer? :)

      Delete
    3. Let's see ... my personal favorite is quite obviously "Odd Thomas", but two other novels I can also recommend are "Watchers" which is one of his earlier books and "Life Expectancy".
      As an afterthought, recent novels (after 2006) aren't quite as good as the ones before "Odd Thomas" in my opinion. So, as a first timer, you might want to stick to some "older" novels by him like the ones I mentioned.

      Delete
    4. thanks, I'll start with his earlier works.

      Delete
  3. I've got the 3 Thomas books ..maybe later I'll join if it's not too late ..just have too much on my plate right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finished one!

    http://readingchallenged.blogspot.com/2012/04/darkest-evening-of-year.html

    ReplyDelete