April 29, 2012

Dean Koontz Reading Challenge

It's that time of the month again. Time to spill how much progress me made (or didn't make) in the past weeks. After getting a head start in this challenge by reading two novels already back in January, all I did was dust off the heavy Omnibus edition with three Dean Koontz novels which only waits to finally be picked up. Of course you might argue there is still plenty of time to get started on the rest of the books I plan to read, but let's not procrastinate.

My plans for May are to read that Omnibus, in fact I got started on it today, woohoo! The novels included are Cold Fire, The Mask and The Face Of Fear, all older books by the author and long ago read by me in German translation. So it's nice to re-read them in their original language now.

How about you? Which novels did you get read for the challenge yet? Or haven't you even started with your first book yet?

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm part of this and still haven't read 1. I really need to get on the ball!! For some reason he's just not appealing lately - I've been reading gushy romances. Maybe it's summer fever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you're not in the mood for certain genres, it's no use trying. Happens to everyone! Keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get into the Koontz spirit before the year is over though!

      Delete
  2. I haven't started yet. :/ I tried to mooch one book (Life Expectancy) on BookMooch but the owner seems to ignore me ... so I guess I'll read most of his works on Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, still plenty of time!
      Have you checked out AwesomeBooks? They sell used books for very reasonable prices, often not more than € 3,00 for a book including shipping.

      Delete
    2. wow, I didn't know about that site!

      Delete
  3. Hi, I'm Rose from http://englishrosec.wordpress.com/
    I've just found this challenge. I've got one unread Koontz in my house (it was in my first IML) and at least a dozen more read ones around the house. I'll register for Odd Thomas's Mailman (or can that be Postman?)
    Great blog...I'm glad I found it...another thank you to Daisy Chain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the challenge, Rose! I already added you for the "Postman" level ;-)!
      The next update will be posted June 3rd - hope you'll stop by then and share which novels you've read!

      Delete