April 15, 2012

In My Mailbox - One

Suffice it to say that I'm stalking my poor mailman these days as I'm waiting for several books for review from publishers. To make things worse, NetGalley requests take close to forever to be approved. Long story short, I'm running low on review books. You probably know how the story will end - now I'm complaining about a lack or books, and next week I might moan because they all rolled in at once and I'll have no idea just where to start. Ah, the life of book reviewing!

On the brighter side, I've been surprised by a book in my mailbox which I've won in a local giveaway, woohoo! And because one book alone would make for a boring photo, I also have to share the gift I received with my latest tea order - teapot napkin rings! Are they cute or what?

Won
Tatort Kaffeehaus (Edith Kneifl)

Thanks to The Story Siren for hosting the IMM meme!

5 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy everything you got this week. Here's my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-30.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate waiting on the mailman I do the same thing when I have to many book options haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all the downtime on NetGalley recently has made publishers a bit slower in responding. They have been a bit overloaded recently with some very popular titles.

    I was quite impressed this week by my postie because I got a package delivered that was missing my street number. I think they took one look at it and thought, that's the crazy book girl, we know where that goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A BIT slower? After waiting a month on getting approved on two books I really want to read I requested them again. Still nothing. It's a publisher I've reviewed for before and always got approved, so ... maybe they are still hibernating!

      Ha, my postman already knows where all the books he must drag along are headed to as well!

      Delete
  4. Tatort Kaffeehaus erinnert ja sehr an coffeehouse mysteries. Bestimmt nett!!!

    ReplyDelete