May 12, 2012

Pajama Musings - Some daily fun

Everyone who likes to read their daily comic strips please raise your hands! Ha, thought so! I'm definitely not the only one who likes to read some comics every now and then. Alright alright ... every single day!!

Know the site GoComics? This one is absolutely fantastic as it features a broad variety of comic strips and cartoons by signing up you can create a personalized comics page with your favorites. After checking my e-mails in the morning, and having a quick look at what's been happening on Facebook, this is where I'm headed to get my daily dosis of fun.


I know I know ... a lot of folks scoff at the idea of reading comics. Needless to say they are horrified by the idea of even calling this "reading". Then again, where there is a text, as little as it might be, you are reading. Just sayin'!

Besides, comics aren't just kiddie stuff! Sure, some magazines are aimed at kids, but there are also those for adults. Now don't you get any funny ideas, I'm not talking about "adult" stuff as in naked boobs, but themes that grown ups can relate to.


Plus, it can be heavy reading too. Don't believe me? If you should own The Complete Far Side by Gary Larson then I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. These two volumes give a whole new meaning to fat, heavy tomes. We're talking roughly 20 pounds. I ain't joking. My mailman pulled several muscles carrying that package to my door and you can bet that this is not the first book that comes to mind for some relaxed reading in the tub.

While I do own the just mentioned 20 pounds tomes I wouldn't call myself a comic book collector. Sure, I had those small Garfield paperbacks as a teenager, but other than that? Nope. Sure, I'd love to see some of my favorite comics in book form, but alas most are only available in daily strips in newspapers or online.

How about you? Comics yay or nay? And have you got any recommendations for me?

2 comments:

  1. At GoComics, I read Dilbert, Pibgorn and 9 Chickweed Lane regularly. Pearls Before Swine, Frazz and Get Fuzzy are good too!
    I've got 2 or 3 Dilbert books...and I've read the entire 9 CL archive and most of the Pibgorn!
    But I'm not a comic book fan....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay to comics. Although I don't read them daily anymore. But on Sundays, I save them for the end of the paper. It's my little reward for getting through all the news! I like Pearls Before Swine, Get Fuzzy, and then a couple of classics- Garfield, Family Circus, and of course, Peanuts! I get the humor of Snoopy so much more since I've become a beagle mom.

    ReplyDelete