May 6, 2012

The Postman Files - That's a new one!

Alternatives to the withering In My Mailbox posts have started to blossom all over the bookish Blogosphere in the past week. In case you're clueless as to why this is so ... where have you been!? Living underneath a rock??

Anyway, obviously a certain blogger did not invent the simple presentation of books that rolled in during the week, and no matter what we call our individual posts that show off our book haul, it's not so much the post's title as its content.

Without further ado I introduce you to The Postman Files which, as you may have already guessed, is the brother of The Reading Files feature in which I let you in on which books I read during the week. On second thought, I might have watched to many X-Files episodes to come up with names like that, but that's a story for another day.

Won
A Million Suns (Beth Revis)

For Review
Tempest (Julie Cross)
After The Snow (S.D. Crockett)
Twilight Robbery (Frances Hardinge)
A Face Like Glass (Frances Hardinge)

Physics Of The Future (Michio Kaku)
from Penguin

For Review
Paradox (Jim Al-Kahlili)
from NetGalley

Wait (Frank Partnoy)
from NetGalley

16 comments:

  1. Lovely book haul, Birgit! Your postman obviously loves you ;) Paradox looks really cool, so I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on this book. Enjoy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My postman is rather moody though ... some weeks he doesn't bring me anything and then a whole stack of books at once, hahaha!

      Delete
  2. Hardinge's books look great and I really want to read After The Snow!

    Our Media Mail post and Linky are at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely book haul. I'm interested in your opinion on "After the snow".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to read it by the end of the month, so I won't let you (or myself) waiting too long!

      Delete
  4. I still haven't read Tempest but I really want to so I hope you enjoy it! Here's my IMM!

    http://www.paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/05/in-my-mailbox-33-weekly-wrap-up.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Postman Files...though maybe I will rename mine The Postman Only Buzzes Once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, love your new name for the feature!

      Delete
  6. Looks good! I have an e-book of Tempest but never got to it. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm one of those who lived under the rock :P I didn't have time to socialize..haha

    Frances' books look awesome! I'm checking them out for myself and waiting your reviews too :)
    Happy Reading!

    My books: http://splashofourworlds.blogspot.com/2012/05/newbies-april-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. All books seem great. I hope you enjoy them all. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess I have been living under a rock. Or I'm just not really living in the blogosphere because I have NO idea what you are talking about. But hey, at least you had books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's been this huge plagiarism thing in which a well-established book blogger is involved. She hosts the former IMM posts and many of us have decided that we'd no longer do those ourselves, because of her actions.

      Delete
  10. I keep calling my posts In My Mailbox, no need to rename and all that as it is a rather generic term anyway. I am not linking up anymore but other than that I am doing business as usual. All that hullabaloo is getting out of hand.
    But I like "The Postman Files" - sounds dramatic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the new title The Postman Files and you got some really cool books Hope you have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to read Across the Universe, but still have to read book 1. After the Snow sound great too. Happy reading!

    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete