May 29, 2012

Quote Garden - There's a time and place for everything, and I believe it’s called 'fan fiction'

I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I'm afraid of.

It is the most fun I’m ever going to have. I love to write. I love it. I mean, there’s nothing in the world I like better, and that includes sex, probably because I’m so very bad at it. It’s the greatest peace when I’m in a scene, and it’s just me and the character, that’s it, that’s where I want to live my life.

Write it. Shoot it. Publish it. Crochet it, sauté it, whatever. MAKE.

I write for fanboy moments. I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I'm afraid of. I write to do all the things the viewers want too. So the intensity of the fan response is enormously gratifying. It means I hit a nerve.

You either have to write or you shouldn't be writing. That's all.

By Joss Whedon

No comments:

Post a Comment