June 17, 2012

The Postman Files - Nevermore

This past week I got a couple of books for review. By the looks of it someone at NetGalley woke up and finally approved a whole number of my requests, some of which I have waited for for months. Truth be told, all different publishers, so it must be a coincidence. Then again.

Anyone remember a recent post in which I marveled over having won a book from a particular website two months in a row? Make that three months in a row. Could I seriously be the only person entering these giveaways? Alright, let's give it yet another month before we reach a final verdict, shall we?

And guess what? I've also won something bookish, yet not book shaped, in an Etsy giveaway - an Edgar Allan Poe plate from More Than Porcelain! How neat is that?

Won
Öffentlicher Raum (Doris Lippitsch)

For Review
The Art Of Procrastination (John Perry)
from NetGalley

The American Dream (Lawrence Samuel)
from NetGalley

Grammar Girl's 101 Troublesome Words You'll Master In No Time (Mignon Fogarty)
from NetGalley

Consider The Fork (Bee Wilson)
from NetGalley

The Knockoff Economy (Kal Raustiala and Christopher Sprigman)
from NetGalley

Jolt! (Phil Cooke)
from BookSneeze

4 comments:

  1. I wonder if they all got back from BEA and tought what the hell, we'll just approve everything? I have had a few recently that were old ones I'd forgotten about too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention it ... sounds plausible!

      Delete
  2. I find it too funny for words that you had to wait for months to be approved for The Art of Procrastination! :))) Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha ... I hate to disappoint you, but that happened to be a book I got approved for real fast, but most of the others I had almost given hope up on. In fact, I'm still waiting for a couple more eGalleys ...

      Delete