June 24, 2012

The Postman Files - When you least expect it ...

... all those previously requested review copies suddenly start rolling in. I already stocked up on eGalleys last week, with some stragglers following along now. Looks as though Ellie was right about one thing - publishers seem to have gotten in the mood to finally approve requests after returning from BEA. Or so it seems. And a few physical copies jumped at me from inside my mailbox as well. That much for always trying to keep my review pile under ten books. Oh alright, twelve books isn't all that bad, but still!

Won
I Am Legend (Richard Matheson)
For Review
How Much Is Enough (Robert and Edward Skidelsky)
from Penguin

Tubes (Andrew Blum)
from Penguin

For Review
An Economist Gets Lunch (Tyler Cowen)
from NetGalley

Heads In Beds (Jacob Tomsky)
from NetGalley

4 comments:

  1. I got I Am Legend too as part of an 8 books set. I think someone at Gollancz really likes yellow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judging by your own book haul I must agree!

      Delete
  2. I have no idea how you can cope with so many books arriving. For me, one a week seems too much, since the pile of to be read is getting bigger and bigger each day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just try not to panic and read fast. Ha. But seriously, I won't be requesting anything before September now because I really need to catch up with my books for review.

      Delete