June 5, 2012

Quote Garden - Booze'n'Books

Writers block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they can have an excuse to drink alcohol.
Steve Martin

I suspect it may be like the difference between a drinker and an alcoholic; the one merely reads books, the other needs books to make it through the day.
Gail Carriger

I wanted to write something that made no linear sense. None. Zero. Something that was 87% pure nonsense, 12% pure alcohol, and 3% orange juice, for a chaser. That formula is accurate, give or take 2% for the milk. In my experience, comedy is 2/3rds tragedy, and one third 33.3 percent. And tragedy started at birth, so humor involving babies is probably the funniest. But even though I didn’t write anything about babies, you might laugh so hard that you’ll regret not wearing a diaper while reading.
Jarod Kintz

It did occur to me that the effect of good literature may be as dizzying as that of alcohol.
Pamela Dean

I'm very happy by myself - I'm lucky in that way - if I've got enough to read and something to write about and a bit of alcohol for me to add an edge, not to dull it.
Christopher Hitchens

1 comment:

  1. great quotes! I certainly agree with Steve. ;)

    ReplyDelete