July 25, 2012

Bookish Etsy - DictionaryArtPrintz

Let's welcome Tam from DictionaryArtPrintz who will be my guest today! There are plenty of things one can do with books, such as reading them, but you can also do a bit of upcycling of old volumes which is exactly what Tam does. She offers a wide array of different art prints and you know what? The following prints totally reflect how yours truly gets through her day ...

First a nice hot cuppa tea!

Then it's time to get down to business aka writing!

When you're off to a slow start it always helps to channel one of your fav authors!

If that doesn't help, falling into holes and talking to bunnies might do the trick!

And as a last (delicious) resort ... cupcakes!

And now, let's hear a bit more about how Tam came to create her lovely prints!

I have always had a love of antiques, old books & magazines, and history. I am also a mixed-media artist, and I especially love working with papers and old print media and ephemera in my artwork. I saw some people on Etsy.com selling vintage images as downloadable files for use in artwork and for iron-on fabric projects. Then I became aware of people who were using similar images printed onto old book, music, and dictionary pages. I fell in love with them and thought, "Hey! I can do that!". So, Dictionary Art Printz was born. I haven't been doing this very long, but I love the process of finding antique public-domain images. I love the history of it. I also love taking some of those old illustrations and adding my own "spin" on them by adding other elements to create a type of antique digital collage of my own. The Etsy community is great, and I very much enjoy interacting with the customers who buy my dictionary art prints. The customers make it all worthwhile.

Thanks so much for being my guest today, Tam! It's been a pleasure having you!

Any print(s) that tickles your fancy? Let me (and Tam) know!

No comments:

Post a Comment