July 29, 2012

The Postman Files - I could easily forgive his pride

I need to get ahead of myself today. In other words, I won't start to list all the books that rolled in this past week, but with something even more exciting. Yep, more exciting than books! Imagine!

Those of you following my new Bookish Etsy feature will certainly remember the post about BlueSkyInking just recently. When Liz insisted on sending me this lovely Jane Austen card set as a little thank you for the feature I was delighted. To be honest, this photo doesn't do the cards any justice (damn you, camera, damn you). They are totally and absolutely gorgeous and such great quality! 
Obviously I already loved the illustrations shown in the shop, otherwise I wouldn't have invited Liz as a guest on my bog in the first place, but holding those cards in my hands I was literally speechless because they're so pretty!! I mean, seriously, if you love Jane Austen you need those cards (or maybe one of the illustrated prints, come to think of it). Do I sound like beating the big drum here a bit? Damn right, I am!
Oh and the dog'n'cat card "Smug, moi?" to the right is also by Liz - sooo cute!!

Gifted
Duma Key (Stephen King), German Ed.

Won
Whiteout (Ken Follett) Audiobook

Bought for Kindle
Death Of A Hussy (M.C. Beaton)
Dead In The Water (Carola Dunn)

7 comments:

  1. nice big haul here.....enjoy

    do check out mine here

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cards are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul!
    The Jane Austen cards are so pretty! And I also love the dog&cat card :)
    Oh, and a Stephen King book!
    I'm totally jealous now :)

    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you geting into M.C. Beaton now for good?
    I read and reviewed Dead in the water some time ago and am curious to know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yet another Kindle Daily Deal! ;-)
      Funny you should comment on this today, because I just finished "Death of a Hussy". Of course I was prepared by your own reviews of some of the Hamish Macbeth books and has a pretty good idea that the main character isn't your average likable sleuth. Let's just say the story itself was far too foreseeable and Hamish himself ... actually there were a couple of scenes/dialogues that got me laughing, but I'm not sure yet what to make of his character. Aaand tomorrow I will start with one of the Agatha Raisin books ...

      Delete