August 11, 2012

Pajama Musings - B is the magic letter

I guess by now we've established how much I love books. Yet those aren't my only passion (or shall I say obsession) and I have been known for collecting (or rather hoarding) other things too in the past.

The fun thing is that while I contemplated this post I realized something really funny.

B is the magic letter, it seems.

But see for yourself ...

Yep, shelves around here are not for books alone. Other available surfaces are packed with bears ... Boyd's Bears to be exact. In recent years I have rarely bought new ones as I have honestly no clue where to put them anymore. Oh, to live in an old mansion with my own library and a whole room just for my bears.

Then there are bags ... preferably Burberry! Before you get the impression I have a mule who sh%&s gold coins (I wish), I saved quite a bit to afford my Burberrys (yes, plural, dumdidum) and luckily I got them at half price in Outlet Stores. Though my soft spot for handbags doesn't stop there ... I've got bags in all shapes and colors, from $10,- bargains I got at JC Penney to ... see above! Love 'em all!

See? Books. Bears. Bags.
Or rather? Books. Boyd's Bears. Burberry Bags.

B is indeed the magic letter here.

How about yourself? Apart from the obvious aka books what else can't you keep yourself from buying and prominently displaying? Please share!

10 comments:

  1. I collect pencils, funny ones, big ones, and Madonna related items, such as vinyls, but as you, I do have a problem with space :)
    P.S. I love the bears!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda guessed that you might collect things about Madonna, so maybe you've even got a Madonna pencil? ;-D

      Delete
  2. I do have a pen with her face on it, but not a pencil.... hmm, I have to look into this matter :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let us not forget the Birgit-B!!!!
    I would agree on the bags, even though I used to be more a LV supporter. Not any more though. Prefer the Aunts and Uncles style now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could I ever forget the B in Birgit!?
      And a fellow bagaholic, ohhhh!!

      Delete
  4. plushes!! i love the one for the wwf and the one for babies so softs

    ReplyDelete
  5. B is a good letter in this house. Books. Boyds Bears. Beagles. B is the beagles favorite letter. Their 'b' list: bellyrubs, beef, backyard, blankets, bunnies.

    I too have no room for the bears. Even worse now that the bear room is doubling as a guest room and tripling as the craft storage room. *Sigh* My mansion would have room for all my bears, room for all the books, a room dedicated to yarn, and of course- a huge craft room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So what you're saying is, I need a beagle to round off the whole B-theme?
      I agree, a whole room for my bears would be wonderful. And another one for my books. I am going to skip the yearn though, hahaha!

      Delete
    2. Who doesn't need a beagle? How could anyone not love them? :) Oh, I know another word with B... boyfriend :) They are just like beagles (looool)

      Delete
    3. I think you would love a beagle. The neighbors in your apartment building? Probably not! I don't recommend them for apartments.

      Delete