August 5, 2012

The Postman Files - A book, or two?

Somehow not a week goes by that I don't end up finding a great Kindle deal (or two). And after diminishing my review pile in the past weeks I went on a little request-spree on NetGalley and, contrary to what you might be thinking now in case you've read yesterday's rant about NetGalley abusers, my review pile is still in the single digit numbers. Just sayin'!

Bought for Kindle
The Declaration (Gemma Malley)
Smoulder (Brenna Yovanoff)
The Immortal Rules (Julie Kagawa)
The Stepford Wives (Ira Levin)

For Review
My Bookstore (Ronald Rice)
The Slumbering Masses (Matthew J. Wolf-Meyer)
Hollywood Unknowns (Anthony Slide)
from NetGalley

10 comments:

  1. The Immortal Rules is amazing and I really hope to get to read Smoulder soon as well. These look great and I hope you'll enjoy reading them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have high hopes for "The Immortal Rules" and I hope it will make up for the fact that I really couldn't get into Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series.

      Delete
  2. I second Carina on The Immortal Rules - i was fantastic! Enjoy all your reads Birgit, your request spree looks really tame :))) unless you have another 10 requests pending *wink*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it comes with your recommendation it must be good then! And nope, I haven't got another 10 requests pending, hahaha!

      Delete
  3. I really liked Rosemary's Baby, so I am sure The Stepford Wives will be just as good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got "Rosemary's Baby" too. Somewhere. On my TBR piles. Never enough time for the oldies but goldies, it seems.

      Delete
  4. Hope you like The Immortal Rules, didn't feel it was very YA...in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good! I was a bit skeptic at first as I didn't get into the Iron Fey books, but this one sounds totally different, so I had to give it a try.

      Delete
  5. Snoulder is looking good. Never heard of it before.
    And i'll be waiting for your review at the Immortals!

    Hope to enjoy them all!
    My new books: Newbies - July

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Smoulder" has been published as "The Space Between" in the US. No idea why they have a different title though. So maybe you've heard about it after all?

      Delete