September 2, 2012

Dean Koontz Reading Challenge

And we're back after the summer break. Of course I'm going to assume that you've all been spending as much time on sunbathing as you did on reading! As for me, I read 77 Shadow Street in July and finishing this book means two things - first of all there's the annoying fact that Koontz definitely has lost his spunk. Somehow things really went downhill after what I'd like to call his master piece, Odd Thomas, and while I'm not easily giving up on favorite authors I'm having a real hard time looking forward to Koontz's next novel as I fear the worst.

Secondly there is also good news, because with this novel I finished the challenge!! I may now officially call myself Odd Thomas' Neighbor. Not too shabby seeing how the year isn't even close to being over. Anyone who might wonder if I am going to settle for an upgrade I have to tell you that right now I've pumped enough Koontz into my system for the time being, so I'll call it a day.

How about yourself? Have you been reading for the challenge and if so, which book(s) did you choose? Or maybe you're more of a last-minute reader and not even close to a panic? After all, still four more months to go!

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to tell you that I completed Odd Thomas' mailman. :) I'll decide later if I'm gonna upgrade (after I finish other reading challenges).

    ReplyDelete