September 2, 2012

Tea & Books Reading Challenge

How time flies when you're having fun in the sun! Or rather fun in the shade with tons of sunscreen slathered on. Welcome back after the summer break!

I have a confession to make. I didn't exactly plan not to post an update last month. In fact I've just been too lazy to do so, and seeing how I didn't get any reading done for this challenge you can hardly blame me. So, anyone else who didn't touch a tome, I promise I won't cast you accusing glances today. I will save those for the end of November.

Anyway, the grand total of chunksters read by me is four which translates into reaching the Berry Tea Devotee level. Of course this isn't the level I've signed up for aaand I still have two more tomes to go to reach my chosen level. That's ok though. After all there are still four months to go. Easy-peasy.

The interesting question would be which books to choose! I still have three thick tomes lined up, all by Frank Sch├Ątzing, all in German, and all incredibly daunting when it comes to the page count. Suffice to say, I'm going to steer clear of Limit which is a 1.328 pages chunkster and choose between the other two which aren't exactly lightweight either, but at least they don't break the 1.000 pages barrier. What am I saying? No choosing. I need two more books, so I'll just pick the slightly thinner *haha* volumes for the finish.

Of course I'm going to assume now that you've all been better readers than yours truly and have some good news to share with all the other challenge participants! Then again, maybe all you managed to do is get a sunburn. Like I said before, I'm not going to do any finger pointing. Yet.

Feel free to share how far you progressed in the challenge! And in case you've been an idle reader yourself, don't be shy and leave a comment too. I'd feel terrible if I had been the only lazy bum this summer, you know!

11 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I just came across your site and it is really lovely! I happily followed you and will enjoy reading your updates. You can find me over at Rainy Day Reads, www.rainydayreads.com It would be great if you could stop by and I would love to have a fellow book lover as a new follower.
    Christine x
    Rainy Day Reads
    www.rainydayreads.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I did not do any reading related to this challenge, but I will this month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see I haven't been the only sloth, hahaha!

      Delete
  3. I haven't made any progress in the past few months, but I finally started my final tome for the challenge this past week. I decided to switch from Ulysses to Doctor Zhivago as it was already on my list for another challenge. (Plus as this was an upgrade I felt like I should save Ulysses for next year when I can actually concentrate on it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And apropos saving a book for next year ... there's going to be another Tea & Books Reading Challenge in 2013 *wiggles eyebrows*.

      Delete
    2. Haahaa - we'll definitely see! My major plan for next year is to clear my TBR shelf. I'm also seriously considering a year of re-reads, like all the books I read but didn't digest in school.

      Delete
  4. Just took my second book up again today. It will be a while before I finish that one. Slow, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No one is as slow as me. I got through 11.22.63 by Stephen King.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finished Bleak House! As it was going nowhere for me as a story 300+ pages in I wasn't sure I would make it. However, too stubborn to be defeated by a book I pressed on and it got better. By the end I was interested in how it would all turn out. This puts me at the half-way mark for my chosen level of 6 books. I have begun The Salterton Trilogy and am cruising through (I knew I could count on R. Davies to be fun reading) so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I finished! Those last two books were more exhausting than the first 6! I'll have a wrap up post early next week, but what a relief to have finished my first reading challenge ever! :-D Thanks for hosting it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't made any progress on this challenge at all! I'm going to have to get a move on...

    ReplyDelete