October 1, 2012

A Writer's Life - The Travel Journal Part I

As you all know I promised to try myself at being a travel writer of sorts on my last vacation. Everyone ready for some one-liners? I thought so.

Saturday (arrival)
Looking slightly zombiefied after a long-distance flight apparently qualifies you for a not so random drug test.

Sunday
Sadly, the bags beneath my eyes were bigger than the ones I brought back from the Outlet Mall.

Monday
Nothing beats getting soaked (Splash Mountain) after a lovely stroll through a cemetery (The Haunted Mansion).

Tuesday
A tropical thunderstorm is Mother Nature's reminder that you need to buy that cute Disney beach towel.

Wednesday
Oh the fun to be had gliding along a lazy river with my Ohio twin!
(that would be Amy, friend and editor)

Thursday
Her name is Elinor (the big Mum bear from the movie Brave) and I have no idea how she'll even fit into my luggage.
Side note: She fit, don't ask me how, but she did.

Friday
I guess when you go on a safari (Animal Kingdom) you shouldn't be all that surprised when the humidity is at 120%.

Saturday
Apart from sitting in Captain Kirk's chair, nothing important happened today.

Sunday
I'm going to miss going shopping on a Sunday, I really do.

Monday
No crowds at Universal Studios can only mean one thing - everyone is paying Harry Potter (Islands of Adventure) a visit.

Tuesday
Looks as though all those British tourists didn't just forget to apply sunscreen, they also left good manners back home.

Wednesday
What nicely toned legs I have from all the walking through the parks, now if only they would match the rest of me which looks a bit like Daisy Duck (scoffing too much junk food will do that to you).

Thursday
Bit of a bummer when the battery of your camera dies right between Adventureland and Frontierland (The Magic Kingdom).

Friday (departure)
There are no words that can describe the pain inflicted upon you during a long-distance flight.

Saturday (early morning arrival back home)
I bet now the lady at the Duty Free Shop wouldn't ask me whether I was over 25 years old ...

Alright, those were my daily bite-sized anecdotes! If you want to re-visit my vacation through a collection of my favorite snapshots, don't forget to stop by next week!

10 comments:

  1. The humidity is a killer! Still looks like you had a great time. Welcome back, Birgit! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how I "forgot" just how bad the climate can be! I hate heat and humidity and despite being an awesome trip the weather was a bit of a bummer. Thank God for air-condition is all I'm saying!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back! Looking forward to your pics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! With all the photos I made it will take me forever (or at least until next Monday) to decide which ones to post *lol*.

      Delete
  3. Welcome back and thank you so much for your card ( i just received it today! thank you!!!)

    a drug test? they dared?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I am always sooo awfully slow in sending out cards and yours appears to be the first one received, hahaha!

      Delete
  4. Welcome back! Well done on the travel journal bits....The card arrived today, perfect timing, too. THANK YOU! Can't wait for the pics. You did buy the g´bear, huh? Figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turns out that most received the card on Monday which is rather impressive as I sent them all to different countries too.
      And of course I had to get the bear!!

      Delete
  5. Welcome back! I think we ran into that same group of Brits a few days before you did! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you did ... they have been EVERYWHERE!

      Delete