October 16, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - Favorite Chick-lit Authors


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.

Favorite Chick-lit Authors

Sophie Kinsella - Not just for shopaholics!

Jennifer Crusie - Let's mix romance with adventure!

Chris Manby - Fun fun fun!

Jill Mansell - Witty and romantic!
Alexandra Potter - Girlie reads with a twist!










Yep, only five authors, then of course we're supposed to name our favorite ones and I didn't want to fill up the rest of the list with authors that I merely like or by whom I've only read one book so far. And why didn't I pick another genre, you ask? Well, this list wouldn't necessarily be longer in other genres either. You see, I'm very particular when it comes to calling authors favorites.

Who are your favorite chick-lit authors?

9 comments:

  1. I am not really into this kind of literature. I tried one book by Kinsella a few years ago and it was quite ok, but I could not finish the second one... I guess I don't really connect with the characters...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One cannot like all genres, Ally! Frankly, I feel humbled by the kind of literature you enjoy as more often than not I feel your book choices would be "too heavy to digest" for me. Serious contemporary literature always had this strange and bitter aftertaste for me and so I don't often give it a try. That much for being an eclectic reader, ha.

      Delete
  2. Well, let's not turn me into a nerd :)) I do have my weak moments, and having ordered 50 shades, the second tome, is one of them :)) (please don't tell this to anyone, it will totally ruin my scholarly image, looool)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Errr ... you do know that ANYONE can read your confession here, right!? And I cannot believe you ordered THAT book *shudders* though of course I am curious what your thoughts on it will be!

      Delete
    2. We all have our flaws :))

      Delete
  3. I adore Sophie Kinsella! :)

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good chick-lit book every once in a while and I am looking forward to trying one of the books on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think people can be really harsh on Kinsella. They think her books are all about silly shopping but she manages to deal with the serious issue of debts and how easily it is for them to unravel, whilst being a fun and easy read at the same time. I love Becky Bloomwood although i haven't loved the later shopaholic books so much.

    I would have Jojo Moyes on my list, her characters are so real and her stories incredibly moving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This reminds me that Kinsella also writes as Madeleine Wickham and those books are more "serious" than the Kinsella novels.

      And time to confess that this is the first time I heard about Jojo Moyes *off to check out that author*.

      Delete