October 30, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.

Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines

Before I get started on this week's list let me just say that I am fully aware that only naming two kick-ass gals might give you the impression I only read grandma's old romance novels, but don't let this notion distract you from the fact that this list is just strikingly succinct.

Katniss Everdeen - She's one touch cookie, but you already knew that.

Becky Bloomwood - Before you break out in roaring laughter ask yourself the question whether you'd want to fight her over that pair of gorgeous Gucci boots. Didn't think so!







Oh all right then, this list might be putting it all in a nutshell, but I know it's lame to only name two. So let's add one more, shall we?

Gretel from Hänsel & Gretel

Talk about push-ass heroines! When you've stopped laughing, or rolling your eyes for that matter, feel free to share your personal kick-ass heroines with me!

7 comments:

  1. This is a difficult question... I was thinking about Vilanelle from The passion, because she is so independent and strong and to Hana the nurse, from The English Patient, because she doesn't give up easily amidst bombs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually can't laugh about your picks. Gretel, especially. I mean, she has a brother who gets imprisoned by a man-eating-witch, she has to do all the freaking work, depending on which version you've read, her mom is either dead and her stepmother sent her and her brother into the woods to die, or her parents both did that, or the mother is the witch, etc.

    So.

    You know? For a little girl..

    [/stops]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know the first two, and the second one I don't even know what she is from, but totally agree with the third.

    I gave this one a miss because I didn't know a lot of kick ass heroines. I would have said Buffy, then the girl from the Jeanine Frost books, what is her name, Cat?, and Anita Blake maybe, though she is a right b+++...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I wanted to stick to books, otherwise I would have definitely mentioned Buffy and Ripley (from the Alien movies) here too!

      Delete
  4. Only two? Aww. May I suggest a few more? :)

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-i-am-no-man.html

    ReplyDelete