October 9, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday REWIND - Favorite Places to Read


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Tuesday REWIND 
Favorite Places to Read

1. My bed. Nothing beats my comfy cozy sanctuary.

2. The toilet. Come on, we all do it. Right?

3. A park bench. I'm not doing this so much these days, but during the times I was still at Uni I'd often spend breaks in a nearby park reading.

4. The bathtub. Admittedly I haven't been doing that for a while either, but I like to blame it on simply not having the time for a long relaxing bath these days.

5. A quaint coffeeshop. Emphasis on it not being one of those bustling and loud places.

6. By the pool. Not as though I'd own one, but I'm not much for just lounging in the sun doing nothing, So reading a book and dipping into the refreshing water every once in a while is real neat.

7. A hammock. Such sweet childhood memories. Now I'm probably too old not to find it difficult to get in and out of these things *lol*.

8. The backseat of a car. Despite the fact that it almost certainly made me seasick I couldn't keep my hands off books even as a kid. I sucked it up and read on. Brave girl.

Alright, didn't quite make it to the full Top Ten this week either. And apparently half of the ones mentioned are nothing more than fond memories of times gone by. But hey, who knows? I might be trying myself on that hammock again (probably more like strangling myself, but we'll see).

What are your favorite places to read?

9 comments:

  1. I pretty much only read at home, either on my couch or in my bed. I get too distracted when I am out and about. Sometimes I can read in the car, though.

    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorites are pretty much the same as yours. Usually outside, but you hit the inside ones perfectly.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like reading in a quiet place, so I can focus on the book, not the noises or activities around me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great rewind--you've picked a lot of great spots to read. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe I always laugh whenever someone says they read in the toilet and no one comments. I mean, why waste those minutes staring at the wall?!

    I've learnt to read in noisy places, but I still love being curled up in bed on a cold night with an awesome book!

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the pool. On one of the first cold days of Fall I will miss pool reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I joined you and did the same topic (after I saw your post). No one place: bed

    ReplyDelete
  8. my favorite is my mother bed because it's on the garden side so quite with a bit of sun ( when he dare make an appearence^^)with my dog just next to me ( and sometimes the cat)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm, the hammock is always a winner.

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-rewind-top-ten-bookish.html

    ReplyDelete