November 6, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Tuesday Freebie!


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Tuesday Freebie!

Top Ten Books which have been on my TBR piles for more than two years *hangs head in shame*

The Shield of Time (Poul Anderson) - Swapped that one several years ago and come to think of it I've owned it the longest of all my unread books, so you could say it's practically antique.

Timescape (Gregory Benford) - Bought at a flea market almost exactly two years ago. Funny how I can usually remember when and where I got books, but never where I put them in my TBR piles. It's got to be here somewhere. I think.

Left Behind (Tim LaHaye) - To tell the truth I've got the first ten books of the series lined up *drops head on desk*.

A Skeleton in God's Closet (Paul L. Maier) - Come on, how could I not want to read this book with such a title? Still want to. One fine day.

Watching the English (Kate Fox) - Had to have it the moment I laid eyes on it in a bookstore and now it's packed away in one of many boxes filled with unread books. 

Just Hand Over the Chocolate and No One Will Get Hurt (Karen Scalf Linamen) - I remember I only bought this one because I loved the title. Why I haven't read it yet? Haven't got a clue.

An Offer You Can't Refuse (Jill Mansell) - I managed to snag a used copy shortly after the novel had been published. I was thrilled! When it was published you ask? In 2008. This is bad, I know.

My Legendary Girlfriend (Mike Gayle) - Actually I had planned on reading that one as soon as I was finished with two of his other novels. Then of course I couldn't find the book in my TBR piles and that was that.

The Chemistry of Death (Simon Beckett) German Ed. - Got that one from a friend, was super excited, and haven't thought about it ever since.

The Swarm (Franz Schätzing) German Ed. - This one was a gift from my Mom. I totally wanted the tome and yes, the size is what kept me from reading it up til now.







Admittedly this list could be a whole lot longer and looking at it I realize that I still want to read all those books, but somehow other books always get in the way *sigh*. 

Which books have been on your TBR piles far too long?

11 comments:

  1. books that have been in my tbr pile too long:

    The Alexander Cipher
    Day After Night
    Advise and Consent
    Saints And Villains: A Novel
    Same Kind of Different as Me
    Strength in What Remains: A Journey of Remembrance and Forgiveness
    In the Lake of the Woods
    The Leftovers
    Rosa: A Novel
    Die for You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And there I was worrying that I might be the only one with unread books that are practically antique. Good to see this isn't the case!

      Delete
  2. I have the whole Left Behind Series too and have yet to start it! I feel your shame, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure feels good that I'm not alone with this! :-)

      Delete
  3. probably Kafka on the shore, by Murakami, and The History of Love by Nicole Krauss. I will read them next year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they are over 700 pages then you could read them in next year's Tea & Books Reading Challenge, yay!

      Delete
  4. Hey, I have actually READ one of them, can you believe it. Now can you guess which one, :)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Watching the English" would be my first guess or maybe "The Chemistry of Death"?

      Delete
  5. Hey - there are a couple on this list that look interesting to me! I enjoyed The Left Behind series a number of years ago but somehow I stalled out at book 10. I still hope to read the other 6. Considering that I have 700+ books on my 'newer' shelf that is over 2 years old I don't have a clue which ten I would pick. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I've got ,loads that I remember moving from my last flat to here and that was nearly two years ago now! Just too mnay new exciting books coming out all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, your first guess was right! :)

    ReplyDelete