December 30, 2012

TEA & BOOKS Reading Challenge


Is there never a cup of tea large enough for you? Is there never a book long enough to suit you? Then you've come to the right place. Let me introduce you to the Tea & Books Reading Challenge where you'll be sipping tea while reading dome 650+ pages tomes.

To sign up for the challenge and get acquainted with the general rules, please head over HERE.

Now that you found your way back to this post which is not only a reminder to get your name on the sign-up list, but also the first update post of the challenge, it's time to dig through those book stacks to find books that will not only go wonderfully well with some Earl Grey tea, but which will also give your upper arm muscles some workout.

Before getting started, I'd like to add two more things to the challenge.
I've been asked whether audio books are allowed and the answer is yes. Of course the page rule also applies here which means that only listening to an unabridged version of a book which has over 650 pages in print form will be allowed.
Also I'd like to repeat, as stated in the rules, that there is no need to review the books you read for the challenge. I know that in most challenges you are supposed to read, review and link-up that review, but I simply want to emphasize the joy of reading non fiction. If you want to write a review that's fine, of course, but you don't need to if you don't want to.

Secondly, remember if the book is too big for you, you might need stronger tea to keep going!

Updates for the challenge will be posted regularly on Sundays near the end/beginning of a month and the next dates will thus be February 3rd, March 3rd, March 31st, April 28th, June 2nd, and June 30th.

I can't wait to hear what you might have already read by early February! So make yourself some tea and read a heavy tome!

2 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this one! Too bad most of my books are shorter than that :( but you know how much I love tea AND books so I might have to sign up for this next year when I have more time and less review books to finish. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fairly sure there will be another challenge next year, so in case a few heavy tomes come your way you can already save them up! And please don't remind me of those review books ...

      Delete