December 4, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing Me


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind 
Santa Bringing Me

On Writing (Stephen King)
It's beyond me why this book is still sitting quite comfortably on top of my wishlist!? So, Santa Baby, I've been an awful good girl, don't you think you could bring me this one instead of candy?
Odd Apocalypse (Dean Koontz)
The next book in the Odd Thomas series is already on my radar. Of course if Santa or his little helpers don't bring it, I shall wait for the paperback.
The Long Earth (Terry Pratchett)
Same story here. Want it bad, but will wait for the cheaper paperback, unless of course *cough* Santa drops it into my Christmas Stocking!
Last to Die (Tess Gerritsen)
Love the Rizzoli & Isles books, so dear Santa, by now you should have a pretty good idea of what I expect you to do!
I've Got Your Number (Sophie Kinsella)
Well, if I had Santa's number ...
Sweetly (Jackson Pearce)
I discovered this author this year and obviously I want to read more as I loved Sisters Red so much. Santa, you know the drill!
Fly by Night (Frances Hardinge)
Talk about new authors that managed to catapult themselves into the realm of my favorite authors, I certainly need to read about what happened before Fly Trap. I hope you're taking notes, Santa!
The Aurora Teagarden Mysteries Omnibus II (Charlaine Harris)
And being a bit too frugal (or was that greedy) I haven't invested into the second Omnibus of this great mystery series either. Take pity, Santa, and make this girl happy, won't you?
Herr Aller Dinge (Andreas Eschbach)
Science Fiction by one of my fav German authors and trust me when I say, those always take ages before appearing as paperback editions which is just plain cruel. You wouldn't want to let me suffer any longer, right Santa?
Shades of Earth (Beth Revis)
I'd be delighted and impressed if Santa brought me this one as it's a pre-order and won't be out before mid-January 2013 ... and yes, I can hardly wait to get my hands on the third part of this trilogy!!





Which books would you like Santa to bring you?

10 comments:

  1. I haven't read any on your list. Hope Santa is good to you!

    My List.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry Pratchett's stuff is always on my list. Loved his Tiffany Aching series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terry Pratchett is one of my auto-buy authors too! :-)

      Delete
  3. Santa is looking for his glasses to write this down :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh ... I hope Prancer didn't step on his glasses then! ;-)

      Delete
    2. Found them, "problem" solved :)

      Delete
  4. Great selection! I have not read a single stephen king!!! such a shame!

    Anyway, Here's a book I recently read, hope you bother read and try to win a signed copy!
    http://www.lovingsunshine.com/2012/12/bookreview67-sweet-hell-on-fire-by-sara.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me quite some time to read Stephen King myself, but better late than never, right?

      Delete
  5. Those books look great. I loved the new Sophie Kinsella and will add the Charlaine Harris one on my list of books I really need to check out!
    Pratchett is such an awesome author - have you seen the new A Blink of the Screen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of the Sookie Stackhouse novels, but Charlaine Harris writes great mysteries that's for sure!
      I did find out about "A Blink of the Screen" on another blog a little while ago, so yes, that's definitely on my radar too!

      Delete