January 23, 2013

Rikki, I don't think we're in the Book Garden anymore ...

Once upon a not-so-long time ago I wrote a blog post about how some bloggers will change their blog theme on a weekly basis. Suffice to say I've never been fond of this, especially when the blog looked totally and completely and utterly and ... by now you hopefully get the idea ... different.

Fast-forward to the present. 

After blogging for more than two years with the previous blog design being my canvas of choice for the greater part of my blogging journey, I present to you ... my new look!

I think I just heard someone drop out of a chair, breathing a stunned WTF!? before fainting ... and come to think of it, maybe someone should check on Rikki who might be in serious need of an oxygen tent right now.

What can I say? It simply was time to change things a bit. All right, maybe more than a bit. Before you say anything else, I would like to draw your attention to the blog header - still the same blog name! See? It's really not so bad.

Trust me, you're not the only ones who need to get used to the new face of my blog. I'm in awe every time I look at it myself. In a good way though.

So when y'all have recovered from the first initial shock, let me know how you like the new look! 

P.S.: I might still tweak a few minor details here and there, so in case things are looking slightly wonky or weird, blame it on my inner perfectionist doing its job!

13 comments:

  1. to be different it's different, the shade are colder and i was used to the comforting shade of the last design but it's not bad at all.... i only dislike the header because the line are hurting my eyes a bit so we don't focus on your name ( just a detail i know ^^;; and i can be perfectionist too sometimes so i thought i should be honest)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your honesty, miki! It's true that this design is VERY different to the previous one, but as much as I liked the old cozy design, I longed for something fresher and cleaner, including getting rid of the light-text-on-dark-background which can, for some, be a little hard to read. Now I wonder if anyone else has problems with the chevron lines in the header ...

      Delete
    2. ^^ it's for that friend are there^^
      in globality your goal is achieved it's fresh, i need to get used to it becaus ethe change is radical but i like it, really it's just the header that gives me problem so i'm too is curious to see if i'm the only one

      Delete
  2. I love it! It was definitely a bit of a shock when I clicked onto it--I usually read in an RSS feed and then come visit for comments. There's a lightness to it that's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the shock and THANK YOU for the compliment!

      Delete
  3. I was caught off guard :)) I have to get used to it, though, it felt cozier before, but I am planning on returning so that I get the same feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, I also need to get used to it, hahaha!

      Delete
  4. O M G, What have you done????? Just kidding! You know I probably would have missed this post today, but my name jumped out at me from my feedly!
    I actually had to check whether the grunge was on my monitor or on your background, but it is yours! I am in need of an oxygen tent right now, you were right.
    I never would have thought I'd see the day when you changed your boring old blog design that we have seen for the past years day in, day out. Congrats on doing it! I love it. But need getting used to, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was starting to get slightly worried about you, but there you are, breathing again, and not killed off by my drastic changes.
      As much as I liked the previous design, I too felt it was time to toss out the Old-Victorian-Maiden gown and dress my blog up with something snazzier.

      Delete
  5. I love the background. For me, it is much easier on the eyes and much more pleasant than the old one (which, I was one of those people who had trouble reading it). Not crazy about the chevron header, but I don't usually look at the header anyway.

    It looks much less cluttered, and I like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the new look and hey, you might get used to the chevron after a while! If not, then feel free to just ignore it, ha.

      Delete
  6. Wow this is something different. I will have to get used to it it is a lot brighter than your old design. I feel the differences are to big to compare. This one is very pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Quite a change, I know, but in the meantime I got quite used to it, so I hope that my readers will do so too.

      Delete