January 7, 2013

Tea & Books Reading Challenge Winners

First of all, I'd like to congratulate each and every one of you who made it past the finish line of this challenge! Not all might have reached their chosen level (including me), but that's what challenges are about - we mightn't have succeeded, but we did not loose either, not completely anyway. After all, reading "only" three tomes instead of four is still a great achievement. In fact, even one book instead of two is better than nothing (basic math, really).

I also appreciate the feedback you left in the form - apparently everyone enjoyed the challenge (despite it being quite, well, challenging) and a few of you also threw in some suggestions or thoughts for the rules. Some issues have already been addressed by the "new" rules for the challenge, but I will get into more specifics in the first update post of the challenge in four week's time.

Time to announce the two lucky participants of last year's Tea & Books Reading Challenge!

Handpicked Winner

Random Winner
Margaret @ Books Please

E-mails are on the way and in case you didn't win, but want to be in for a chance to win next year, go ahead and sign up for this year's challenge!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Birgit! I'm excited and need at least one more tome for 2013 (if I'm to bump up to 6 this year :-D). I hope everyone is as excited as I am for this year, I'm already 40% or so into 1Q84

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the death of me, I swear ...
      I better get a move on then, but to be honest, all I have so far is a plan (yes, a plan) on how to read "It" by Stephen King in small portions over the course of, most likely, February, as I want to battle my review pile first of all.

      Delete
  2. Ooh - thanks, Birgit - that's a lovely surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birgit, this is a great idea for me as I can get through our personal library of too many books unread... Reading Peter Ackroyd's "Foundation, The History of England From Its Earliest Beginnings to the Tudors." He is a British writer who lives in London. A very interesting read. I am trying to read 3 to 4 books a month --better than the news on TV.

    ReplyDelete